Paris, FrancePosition filled
Sometimes referred to as The Sherlock Holmes of Data, you are passionate about solving complex problems and analyzing data. You are not intimidated by the thought of creating a new dataset. Being able to investigate, optimize, and analyze data pushes you to take your research to the next level. You are a self-starter, enjoy working in a team, and are interested in learning more about the banking sector. The opportunity to rebuild, to start afresh with a clean slate, is particularly attractive to you.
If you are this person, we want to hear from you.
You will be tasked with helping the sales team obtain appropriate performance indicators and relevant business data to make the best possible decisions. We are looking for someone with a pragmatic approach to implementing projects quickly and resolving problems proactively. As we grow, new challenges will surface requiring creativity and a willingness to take on greater responsibility.
Winning an innovation competition run by Bpifrance, the French Public Investment Bank, has allowed us to build a team around an exciting project.
Our goal: to improve risk management with AI algorithms created using a business database populated with data from the banking platform we are developing.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating a dataset in order to collect the maximum amount of information about our prospective clients;
- Using the data collected to assist the sales team in making informed decisions about issuing loans;
- Defining, in concert with the product team, key performance indicators in advance of new phases of development and overseeing the implementation of the necessary tracking by software engineers;
- Extracting data and creating algorithms to provide data-driven notifications and alerts to our teams and within our products;
- Performing data discovery to address sales questions or questions about specific products;
- Contributing to the development of Margo Bank’s Business Intelligence (BI) strategy (specifications, management of data marts, modeling, definitions, and documentation).
- Degree from an engineering or business school;
- At least two years’ experience as Data Analyst;
- SQL, Python/R, VBA proficiency;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Excellent analysis, synthesis, and communication skills.
- Software development skills;
- Advanced math skills;
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Power BI.
Hear from the Engineering team
Working & learning2 videosXavier Van De WoestyneData EngineerJérémie MartinezSoftware Engineer
Structure & process2 videosChristophe JunietCTOJérémie MartinezSoftware Engineer
Environment & flexibility1 videoXavier Van De WoestyneData Engineer