Talent Acquisition Specialist
Paris, FrancePosition filled
About the position
The job involves finding the right person for every open position at Margo Bank. In order to successfully build a bank, you have to get professionals from across the spectrum—from finance to software engineering, from sales to accounting— to work together seamlessly. But before we can even start thinking about this level of intricate teamwork, we have to find the right people, help them see the value of the opportunity, and recruit them. This is where you come in.
You will be part of a small team (3 people) in a young company (founded in 2017). We are in the process of structuring our bank and plan to fill quite a few roles in the coming months. This means that you will be well-placed to make a real difference right from the start.
As part of our People Ops team, you will have a budget for learning and development. If you’d like to attend a conference, take a training course, or read trade publications, you can count on financial support from the company to facilitate this.
Also, if you enjoy sharing your knowledge by writing articles or speaking at conferences, we can carve out time in your schedule for that. We have relied on some of the work of our peers to build our bank, and we love being able to give back to the wider community by contributing the expertise of our team members and passing along our collective lessons learned.
With the help of the HR Manager, you will be involved in every stage of our recruitment process.
More concretely, you will be responsible for:
- Working with our teams to define job specs and write detailed job listings.
- Finding and contacting candidates whose profiles match our needs and pitching Margo Bank to them.
- Organizing applications and making sure the interview process runs smoothly using Workable, our applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Coordinating with other Margo Bank employees to conduct interviews in the best possible conditions.
- Supporting candidates throughout the recruitment process, from the initial application to the final offer.
- Training Margo Bank employees on best practices and keeping them updated on all hiring in progress.
- Representing Margo Bank at events, bolstering our reputation as an excellent place to work and ensuring that candidates have a positive experience in every interaction with us.
The above will take up the bulk of your time; however, if you are so inclined, you will also have the opportunity to contribute in other areas like employer branding, employee onboarding, company culture, employment and social provisions training, anti-discrimination initiatives, etc.
You know how to build and leverage your network to find the perfect candidate every time. With experience, you have come to understand that you cannot really get to know an individual from their CV. Therefore, you are particularly attuned to candidates’ personalities and can size them up within the first few minutes of an interview. You just have a knack when it comes to people. You can assess without passing judgement and are mindful of biases that might impede your ability to be impartial.
A personal touch is your signature. You put yourself in each candidate’s shoes and adapt your approach accordingly; you never resort to canned responses. You know that in recruiting, like most things in life, the devil is in the details: how clear your job specs are, how positive your interactions are, how quickly you get back to someone, how welcome and comfortable you make a candidate feel in an interview, etc. We strive to continuously improve in all of these areas and will look to you to help.
You enjoy working with others on an ambitious project, and it’s important to you to build a tight-knit, energetic team made up of people from a variety of backgrounds.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have significant experience in direct hiring of tech profiles.
- You are adept at being an intermediary between external candidates and current employees, keeping the latter informed of the progress of the former.
- You are able to maintain a tailored approach to hiring even when you are juggling many candidates across multiple job openings.
- You are comfortable working in English. As all of our documentation is in English, you need to be able to read and write effectively.
- You are conscious of the importance of diversity.
- You always keep employer branding in mind.
How to apply
The initial application
If you’d like to join us, simply send your CV (or your LinkedIn) and a message (in French or English) explaining why you are applying. We don’t expect a formal cover letter, but we do want to know what you can bring to the team and what you expect from us. Don’t be afraid to let a bit of your personality shine through; your future colleagues will be reading.
You don’t get any bonus points for length, and you won’t be penalized for brevity. Leave out any parts we might be tempted to skip over and focus on what’s truly important to you.
We know that we are asking a lot. You likely already have a job and/or other occupations. If you are willing to take time out of your busy day to write to us, we genuinely appreciate it. The ball is in your court. We hope to hear from you.
The interview process
Here’s what you can expect if your initial application is successful:
- A phone interview with our recruitment team (30 minutes);
- A series of questions to be completed offsite at your convenience and returned to us via email (expect to spend about 2 hours);
- A series of video-conference interviews with members of several different teams (4 hours).
Hear from the group
Working & learning4 videosCécile AndrieuTalent ManagerXavier Van De WoestyneData EngineerJérémie MartinezSoftware EngineerJulien BletonProduct Manager
Structure & process2 videosChristophe JunietCTOJérémie MartinezSoftware Engineer
Environment & flexibility1 videoXavier Van De WoestyneData Engineer